Do you want to know how to write a blog post for your website? Are your blog posts not as converting as you would like them to be? Do you want to discover the tricks of how to publish a blog post that converts? In this article, we’ll share some ideas, tips and tricks that will help you write a blog post with conversion clicks and sales!
The term blog came from the ‘weblog’ which earlier provided internet users to enter day to day entries like a journal. The blog is of similar kind besides they are an informational website which allows people to provide content on various topics in an informal manner. Most blogs provide a comment section which helps the readers to interact with the author.
Blogs were popularised from the late 1990s and since then many entrepreneurs started using this medium for marketing purposes.
Nowadays blogs are also used for a wide range of topics from electronic gadgets to politics. Blogs can also be operated through various social media platforms like Facebook or Instagram.
Read further to create blog posts that actually convert!
If you are an amateur and struggling to know how to start writing a blog? Then there are various aspects to gain success in blogging –
9 Best Tips on How to Write a Blog Post That Rank on Google
1. Understand Your Targeted Audience
Before writing a blog or publishing a blog article on your website, first know your audience. Get a detailed insight. Understand your targeted audience, where are they from, what they are looking for, and how they are looking. Do indepth industry research and competitor analysis, using competitive and Research tools.
Some of the best tools to do competitive analysis and industry research are listed below.
- Google Trends
- Google keyword Planner
You’ll have graphs that tell you how much potential audience there are, what they are looking for, and how they are searching. In these tools there are lots of filter options which help you decide your target audience.
2. Write a Powerful Headlines
If you don’t have a convincing title, powerful, engaging headline, there’s a pretty strong possibility that your blog post won’t be read or posted.
We click only compelling blog posts which ranks on Google. That’s why the title (headline) of your blog post is vital to attract your audience.
Write a compelling headline that needs targeted emotional words, positive words and it should be clear.
There are many tools out there for headline analyzer tools. These tools are killer SEO title analysers.
6 Unique Headline Analyzer Tools To Help You Write Killer Headlines
These tools will rank the overall headline quality and rate its potential to result in social shares, improved traffic, and SEO value.
- CoSchedule Headline Analyzer
- Emotional Marketing Value Headline Analyzer
- Portent’s Content Idea Generator
- Hubspot Blog Topic Generator
- LinkBait Title Generator
- Headline Wizard
Use these tools to write a compelling blog post headline which increases click through rate by 80% on Google search engine. These headline analyzer tools show your headline copy on a scale of 1 to 100. It also makes recommendations as to what words to use and the word count cap.
3. Add Subheadings and Small Paragraphs
Subheadings help the reader understand at a glance what your article is about and what he/she can gain from each paragraph. Add subheading for 5-6 words. Headings to let the audience know what detail on the paragraph and bullet points contain.
Write subheadings and small paragraphs that make it easier for your reader to grasp what you’re trying to say. Subheading structures should be memorable and eye-catching.
Alway try to add question related subheading format and include LSI keywords.
LSI keywords is Latent Semantic Indexing Keywords are related terms that Google search engines recommend for search.
Write shorter paragraphs when they are too long, as it helps the audience to understand in an easy way.
4. Use Bullet Points
Write blog content in bullet point whenever necessary. Bullet points must be concise, clearly organized, and easy to understand.
Advantages bullet points while writing a blog post
The advantages of the bullet points is as follows:
- To draw attention to important information.
- Helps to understand blog posts easily.
- Communicating with your audience efficiently.
- Pointwise blog content has detailed information.
- Easier to read for the audience.
How to use bullet points for blog post content?
- Make sure that all information in the list is linked to each other.
- Use the same font and margin width in each of the bulleted points.
- Keep the bullet points short, ideally no longer than three lines long
- Start all things with the same part of speech (active verbs perform well) to make sure they are in parallel form.
- Have the bullet points at the same length.
- Make sure the style in each list is consistent.
- Use periods at the end of each line only if the sentences are complete.
Understand that your audience comes to your blog or website for getting specific information. Show them in your blog content, bullet points are excellent ways to attract your audience in a way that keeps them coming back for more.
5. Add informative Images
Informative images give a basic idea or knowledge that describe your blog content or paragraph statement. Add royalty free images to your blog post.
Adding text related images can help boost your engagement. There are plenty of amazing free tools to find high-quality royalty-free pictures and use it in blog posts.
Download free images from these website:
You can also create custom images for our post’s featured image, Online Image Editor tools.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
Alway compress your blog images, so the image file decreases. And helps to upload faster the website speed increase. Alway use JPEG format images for blog posts as they maintain high quality and have less file size.
6. Optimize for SEO – Search Engine Optimization
Publish a blog which is SEO friendly. Optimizing your blog content for both search engines and consumers by following basic Google factors.
However, producing SEO-friendly content also takes time and effort. But at the end of the day, you should trust them to pay off – if you do it correctly.
Writing SEO friendly blog posts of high-quality content ultimately increases the odds of better ranking in search results.
14 Tips to Help You Create SEO Friendly Content
Check out this series of SEO rules, tips and basic Google factors, once followed can help you to rank your website. Follow these tips to create SEO friendly content compiled in this post to rank on Google.
1. Carry out a keyword Research and analysis
Find the right keyword to attract your target audience. Always use a long tail keyword in your content, as the audience usually intends to search for specific information.
Choose high search volume and low competition target keywords in a given timeframe.
Use the keyword research tools to find the best keywords
- SE Ranking Keyword Suggestion tool
- Google Keyword Planner
2. Structure the contents
Structure your blog content which include an introduction, main body and conclusion. End the content with a solid call to action to get people to take the action they want.
3. Write catchy SEO Titles.
Hook your audience with catchy titles and increase your click through rate (CTR). SEO titles are very important, which increase your website blog ranking higher on Google search engine.
Optimize your SEO titles by following these basic tips:
- Use your target keyword at the start of the title.
- Keep the title down to 60 characters.
- Describe the blog post’s content accurately.
4. Write user-friendly URLs to SEO
User friendly URL is an important ranking factor of Google. As it has a great user interface and makes it easy to share.
Tips for creating SEO friendly URLs, follow these rules for writing user friendly Urls:
- Keep your URLs small, and relevant.
- Do not use stop words, such as a, an, but, and or.
- Use lowercase letters for creating url.
- Use hyphens to separate words.
- Reduce the URLs by deleting needless words.
- Include the target keyword in url.
5. Use short paragraphs
Keep your content paragraphs short and simple. Arrange it logically about 2-3 sentences only.
Use a variety of formatting options, such as adding bullet points, highlighting text, and changing fonts. This makes it easy for smartphone users to read content and make the content less dull.
6. Optimize Meta description
Meta description is another important ranking factor on Google. The meta description describes what your article is about and includes your target keywords. The length of the meta description is between 155-160 characters.
7. Optimize the pictures
Adding optimised images in your SEO content is a brilliant way to easily get across your points and enrich the reader’s experience.
Google search engine bot do not cannot read text in images, but they do interpret the content of images to define the importance of images in the search results. So write correct Alt text (Alt tag) and descriptive titles, captions and image file names.
ALT text is not available to website users, but Google like search engines use this information to help understand the subject matter of the image. If the images are not loaded on the screen, due slow internet connection, people will see ALT text instead.
Try to produce helpful and insightful content that contains your keywords properly and naturally in your ALT text.
Here’s an example of an ALT text for an image:
<img src=”digital-marketing-course.jpg” alt=”Digital Marketing Course”/>
8. Add internal links that makes sense
Internal links are an important way to make your audience check different pages and even help search engines appreciate the importance of your content. And also make your readers spend more time on your website, and reduce the bounce rate.
9. Use an optimum length of content
A good content is the major factor for ranking. 300 to 500 words should be the minimum number of words for a regular blog post.
Google prefers longer content, as it seems to get more of it and references it in social media.
So put content which can answer all the queries.
Provide the most valuable and insightful content for your audience to evaluate their search intent.
Quality is more critical than quantity itself. So, check out the top ranking content and see which posts get the most insights and find their organic keywords.
10. Optimize the website for mobile devices
Optimize your website mobile friendly, as the majority of the traffic comes from mobile users. Optimizing the mobile user blog is a must for search engines, since Google is now rating more mobile-friendly websites.
It is also important to provide a responsive website architecture as Google penalises non-mobile-friendly websites.
11. Update the content on a daily basis
And if you make high-volume content, you need to write blog posts and update your web content on a regular basis. Since it helps to optimize your content and enables Google to monitor your updated content.
Google wants to provide searchers (audience) with fresh answers to their search questions. As a consequence, if you don’t post regularly, Google won’t deem your blog to be a decent search guide.
12. Use the social media sharing option
Share your blog post regularly on some the best social media platforms, as it helps attract traffic and increase its visibility on Search engines.
Make use of social media sharing buttons, to share your blog content directly from your website.
It is easy for people to distribute your content around the internet.
13. Setup Schema Markup
The implementation of a schema markup can allow search engines to further evaluate your text. It helps search engines to understand more about your content and helps it in organic ranking in Google platform.
7. Add a Clear Call-to-Action
Add a simple call-to-action, this a tip to write a blog post that converts.
Ask your audience followers to leave a message, retweet your blog post, follow up on social media, or buy your product, make sure you specifically mention what you’d like them to do.
8. Send Blog Post Web Notifications
Web Push notifications let you communicate to your readers a long time after your first visit to your blog.
So even if they haven’t been converted for the first time, you can use push reminders to get them back to your website.
How to start writing a blog?
Writing a blog article and publishing is easy, but coming to ranking on Google search engine it becomes tough. So we have shared some of the basic blog writing tips,
● Start with finding a good name for your blog website. An attractive and catchy blog name (domain) gains a lot of online attention
● Find your niche in writing, something which interests your target audience
- You will need a blog domain to host your website. This will require a Content Management System (CMS) and a domain hosting website.
- CMS will provide you a website domain where you will publish your post.
- There are many website hosting services which let you host an original version with a very less price to pay.
- Find a topic for your blog post which is interesting and educational to give a refreshing start to your blog.
● Engage your audience with your post. Provide informative and creative content.
● Focus on the quality of your content
● Provide information which caters to the needs of your audience
● Turn on the comment section- Interaction with your audience will help you connect with them and gain their attention. Criticism and support from the audience helps in the long run.
Most of the people online find it difficult and time consuming to read a whole article and rather skip it half way. There are many websites which provide useful information but fail to keep the rush in their page.
Hence, keeping your audience engaged till the end has become a tough task.
But there are certain factors which will help the bloggers stop making certain mistakes and boost engagement.
Know how to write a good blog through these key factors –
● Start with a strong and captivating headline. You can analyze your headline online, check its marketing value.
● Make your content crisp and clear. Don’t clutter your words around one topic creating unnecessary exaggeration.
● Break your paragraphs into sub titles or subheadings. This makes your content look more clean and segregated letting people understand your topic more clearly.
● Use bullet points or numbering. Lengthy paragraphs make the viewers lose interest rather than give valuable information in short points.
● Pictorial representation or images. Human minds learn quickly through visual content. The use of good captivating images can boost an audience’s engagement.
● Highlight important factors or features. This helps people to learn quickly going through important factors at a glance.
● SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is one of the key factors for successful blog writing. Optimize your blog post by entering keywords which matches the intent of your target audience. SEOs will make your blog easily accessible online.
● Head and Body of the content – Make sure to use your keywords in the main body and headline of your blog post. Don’t overdo it as this will lead to a penalty for overstuffing of keywords.
● Meta description – this means to give a clear idea to people and Google about the content of your blog. Make sure to give a clear description using long-tail keywords helping Google understand your blog.
● Optimizing URLs. You can optimize your URL on every post. So, make sure to be unique and provide your few keywords in it. This will help your blog become more accessible on Google.
● Make your content mobile-friendly so that users can get access to your website on just their fingertips. There are platforms which enable your website to become mobile as well as desktop friendly.
● Lastly, focus on helping your customers. Make sure you answer to their queries and include informative tips or comments on your posts.
How to boost engagement on your blog?
These are some tips on blog writing, implement it on your website archive traffic, conversion and sales.
- Start any topic with an interesting introduction. Try to hook your audience in the beginning so that they continue reading your post
- Choose a topic which answers to customer queries.
- Provide creative solutions to customer queries, boring old solutions often make people scroll down the articles.
- You can use jokes or examples to explain your content to your audience this will help them to stay connected with your post.
- You can take help of self made illustrations to explain your content to your audience. Often self made illustrations or diagrams help people connect with the content more easily.
- Try to keep your posts as authentic as possible. Finding similar content online often loses attention.
- Organize your content in such a way that it doesn’t intimate your readers. Use lists, tips or charts to make your content organized.
- Provide an outline to your post. Elaborate the outline as required.
- Use authentic sources to provide data. Include statistical data and analysis to give a clear picture of your content.
- Edit your blog posts very carefully. Look for grammatical errors and plagiarism.
- Use of tags- proper use of tags allows people to look for more content on similar topics on your blog.
- Anchor text- This is the words that link to another website. Link pages which you want to rank for a specific keyword.
List of websites to check for successful blogging
- Web hosting services
- Self hosting website- WordPress.
- Power Thesaurus – helps in finding alternative word choices for sentences.
- ZenPen – for a fuss free writing zone. It creates a distraction free minimalist ‘writing zone’ to write down words without having to format right away
- Cliché Finder– helps find out cliché lines out of your article providing alternatives.
- Quora– helps you to find ideas or topics for your blog posts.
- Grammarly– Helps you check grammatical errors and also works as plagiarism checker
Lately, travel blogging and food blogging has gained a lot of popularity.
People posting videos of traveling or exploring foods etc are often entertained more. Adding video to your blog is also called Vlogging.
Travel blogging or Food blogging
Since 2015, travel and food blogging or vlogging has gained tremendous popularity online. Many bloggers became influencers having thousands of readers following their content.
Many brands saw travel and food blogging as a good marketing tool. Collaboration with brands made bloggers earn a lot of money.
Providing information about various tourist places and foods from different regions has made people grow more curious and interested in such kinds of blogging.
Use of high quality pictures and videos in blogging has attracted a lot of people.
Giving proper information about the places or foods helps the readers in tourism.
Many local shops or brands got recognition because of bloggers. When a blogger recommends a local brand in their blog posts, a lot of readers follow and visit such brands. This helps the local market gain more customers and ultimately a decent popularity.
Things to take care of while advertising a product –
- Collaborate with brands which connect with the theme of your blog. For example if it is a travel blog then a brand which sells cameras can be connected with your blog posts effortlessly.
- Using photos or videos of traveling or exploring food can be used by keeping the product from the collaboration brand in frame.
- Marketing of products in authentic ways is very important as it should not look gimmicky. Often people don’t like to see advertisements in the blog and get annoyed.
- Talk about the products in such a manner that it shows that you will also use it or buy it. This makes viewers rely upon your content more.
- Always show both pros and cons of a product. It should not look like the blogger is only buttering about the product to sell it to the audience.
- Add a proper description about the product or services writing about its key features and accessories.
- Mention the name of the brand and the product in the description.
- Tag the online pages of the brand in your posts. This gives more exposure to brands online.
- Follow the accounts of brands in social media platforms. This shows you are interested in this brand too.
- Use your social media platforms to give more exposure to your blog posts.
- Share your website links on social media giving your followers or friends easy access to your website
- Use of hashtags is one of the important things you need to take care of while promoting a product on social media platforms. Certain brands have their particular hashtags which they use for the promotion of their brand name. Use these hashtags in your post so that your viewers can follow up the brand by clicking on them.
Becoming a successful blogger will take time but patience and consistency will help you grow your blog faster.
Google takes time to figure out what type of content your blog site intends to provide.
To become more accessible on Google search engine you’ll have to be consistent with your blog posts. Keeping your content crisp and easy to understand will engage more audiences.
Google favors mobile friendly websites ever since it updated its algorithm in 2015. Providing mobile friendly content has not been a big deal as many social media platforms helps you maintain your blogs through them. Facebook and Instagram are an example of that.
In this new age era blogging has proved to be a part of good marketing strategy. It helps gain a lot of attention online providing insights on various products and services.
Gaining popularity through blogging or vlogging in nowadays is seen as one of the most effective and common ways.
Blogging can now be seen as a reliable profession to carry on. Many youngsters have started blogging as a full time job. Digital marketing has made bloggers more popular and helped them gain a monetary value for their blog posts.
Nowadays popular brands keep a separate budget only for online marketing since gaining people’s attention in online websites has become more easy than in offline markets or portals.
If you need in-depth knowledge on how to start writing a blog, article writing, then reach out DMAS – Digital Marketing Ads Service and grab The Course of Digital Marketing Expert and learn how to rank a website organically on google search engine.